Age No Longer Defines Our Ideas About Beauty
TAMPA, FL, August 18, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ — Sarah Elrod already feels fabulous, but now the Florida resident has a chance to demonstrate it in a national contest raising money for breast cancer education and support.
Elrod, a graphic designer/writer/social media maven who works with people and businesses throughout the country, is participating in the first-ever “Fab Over 40” competition.
More than 1,000 women nationwide have entered, according to Mary Hagen, a spokeswoman for the contest. Sarah is currently in 2nd place in her group of 65 women, the top 10 of whom will move to the next round when voting closes. She has already made it through the first round.
“I feel ageless and at 46 am living my best life,” said Elrod, who will celebrate her 47th birthday on Valentine’s Day this coming February and added that her husband who competes in Men’s Physique Body Building helps her stay in great shape.” After a slew of health problems spanning a decade, she is finally past them and healthy once again saying these events have left her humbled and grateful.
The winner, who is expected to be announced in October following seven more rounds of voting, will receive $40,000, a “Spa-cation” in Arizona, and be featured in a two-page spread in NewBeauty Magazine. The national print and online publication focused on the beauty industry, including information on makeup, skincare, and spa products and treatments.
When asked what she would do with the prize money, Sarah said, “Jump up and down yell “WhOhOooo!” (I mean, come on, what would you do?) LOL Once I calmed myself: I would divide it up like this: $10K invest. $10K to enjoy with all of my friends and family, including visiting my aunt and dad who I haven’t seen in a few years now due to distance and I miss them terribly. They are the only blood family I have left. With the remaining $20K I would get to live out my dream of being the “good deed fairy”. Helping with a hand up, not out.
A victory, she said, would demonstrate that beauty is everywhere, and that age is indeed just a number.
The online Fab Over 40 contest, sponsored by a Delaware-based company of the same name, is part of a marketing campaign to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Hagen said. Anyone can cast one free vote per day on the Fab Over 40 website, and purchase additional votes for $1 apiece.
Hagen said Fab Over 40 will donate 75 percent of contest proceeds to the national nonprofit, which provides services including early detection and diagnosis resources and support for people undergoing breast cancer treatment. The other 25 percent will cover the cost of administering the contest, she said.
“We are very excited about our partnership with the [National Breast Cancer Foundation] and looking forward to contributing to this amazing group when the competition is over,” Hagen said in an email Monday.
Elrod said the contest first came across her radar a few weeks ago. She submitted her information and heard back from the organization that she had been selected to participate.
“And so I loaded up all the photos that I could,” said Sarah, whose page on the Fab Over 40 website includes a brief question-and-answer, as well as photos of herself which we found witty and charming. Her profile far outdoes many of the other contestants and we feel she is a sure win.
Since voting opened, Sarah said she’s been promoting it on her personal social media pages, and talking it up with friends.
The second round of voting closes Thursday at 10 p.m., and Sarah is confident that she’ll be moving on to the next round.
To view Sarah’s Fab Over 40 web page, and cast a vote for her, visit https://votefab40.com/2021/sarah-elrod
Promoting beauty through design and the written word since 2004.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here