Local in-home tutoring service shares how to identify one’s learning style and study effectively
ORLANDO, FL, January 29, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — Tutor Doctor, a personalized one-on-one, in-home tutoring service, is sharing with local Orlando area parents and children how students can determine their individual learning style in order to study successfully.
How each unique child reaches his/her full academic potential is something every parent is yearning to know, and Tutor Doctor of Orlando says it’s all about studying in style. What’s your child’s learning style – visual, auditory or kinesthetic? Identifying one’s learning style allows students to score higher on tests, have better attitudes and become more efficient. Students learn in many ways, like seeing, hearing and experiencing things first hand. But for most students, one of these methods stands out.
“Your learning style may be the single most important key to improving your grades,” said Tony DiSanza, owner of Tutor Doctor of Orlando. “Research has shown that students can perform better on tests if they change study habits to fit their own personal learning styles.”
Here are two different ways you can identify your child’s learning style:
• Paper Airplane Activity: For the first attempt at making the paper airplane, verbal directions are read to the child. For the second attempt, visual and written directions are given. For the third attempt, the instructor demonstrates each step while the child folds his/her paper airplane. Which one was the child most successful with?
• Learning Style Memory Exercise: This activity is best for a group of children. Choose 15 items that can be seen, heard and touched. Bring each item out of a box and have the children pass them quickly down the row to each other. They will have the opportunity to look at each item, feel it and hear it. When all of the items have been passed around and returned to the box, have them see if they can recall the items and write them down on a sheet of paper. Then discuss the results: What did you forget and why? How did you remember the items? Did it help you to remember the items if you could touch them? See them? Hear them?
Now the child can learn how to study and memorize most efficiently for his/her preferred learning style. Here are some tips for each style:
• Take lots of notes and write down any explanations.
• Organize your work, rewrite and reorganize; make outlines and lists.
• Draw out pictures, mind-maps, flow diagrams and time-lines.
• Visualize pictures to go with information you are trying to remember.
• Study in a private place with no visual distractions.
• Use flashcards; color code words; use highlighters; circle words; underline.
• Use word associations and songs to remember facts and lines.
• Record lectures and classes to play back if possible.
• Watch and listen to videos.
• Repeat facts over and over with your eyes closed.
• Participate in class discussions and study groups.
• Tape notes after writing them.
• Study in short blocks.
• Keep your body active while you study; chew gum, squeeze a stress ball, walk around with a book in your hand and recite information you need to learn, etc.
• Study and role play with others.
• Type and use the computer while studying.
• Play music while you study.
• Play memory games.
Tutor Doctor services students of Orlando with learning techniques in their homes with a one-on-one method. With locations worldwide, the franchise has continually impacted the lives of students by helping them improve their grades in school. For more information about Tutor Doctor of Orlando, contact Tony DiSanza at 407 612 2720, or visit www.TutorDoctorSWOrlando.com.
About Tutor Doctor
Tutor Doctor was founded in 2000 as an alternative to the “one-to-many” teaching model most extra-curricular learning centers offer by providing a personalized one-on-one, in-home tutoring service to students. Now with offices internationally in Canada, the United States, Latin America, the United Kingdom, Australia and Africa, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted throughout the world. For more information about Tutor Doctor visit the web site at www.tutordoctorSWOrlando.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here